JANE C. TAYLOR
Background & Education:
Jane Taylor received her B.S. from Auburn University in 1984. After working as a Registered Nurse in the Emergency Room and on a general surgical floor, Ms. Taylor attended Cumberland School of Law of Samford University. She obtained her J.D. in 1988. Ms. Taylor’s law school honors included being Associate Editor of the American Journal of Trial Advocacy.
Prior to joining the predecessor firm to Scrudder, Bass, Quillian, Horlock, Taylor & Lazarus LLP, Ms. Taylor was an Associate Attorney at Carter & Ansley, in Atlanta, Georgia from 1988 to 1990 and a Staff Attorney at Irwin & Taylor in Atlanta, Georgia from 1990 to 1995. She has over twenty years’ litigation experience.
Ms. Taylor’s practice focuses on defending claims against Health Care professionals and HealthCare facilities. She is also experienced in representing employers in Workers Compensation matters.
- “Mandatory Medicare Secondary Payer Reporting Requirements of Section 111 of the Medicare, Medicaid and SCHIP Extension Act of 2007” (October 31, 2008, Georgia Self Insurers Association’s Fall Conference and Annual Meeting)
- “E-Discovery - What are you going to do when they ask for your email” (February 2008; Georgia Society of Healthcare Risk Management)
- “Planning Winning Discovery” (2005, Medical Malpractice, Institute of Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Atlanta, Georgia)
- “Dialysis Regulation - Is it Adequate” (2001, 17th Annual Medical Malpractice Institute, Institute of Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Sea Island, Georgia)
- “Mediating the Slip and Fall Case” (1996, Home Depot U.S.A., Litigation Department, Atlanta, Georgia)
- “Recent Legislative Changes in Workers’ Compensation Law” (1995, Russell Corporation, Atlanta, Georgia)
- “Changes in Workers’ Compensation Law” (1992, 1994, USF&G, Atlanta, Georgia)
- “Overview of Georgia Workers’ Compensation Law” (1991, Georgia Association of Occupational Health Nurses, Atlanta, Georgia)
Memberships & Affiliations:
Jane is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, Atlanta Bar Association, Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, Defense Research Institute, Georgia Academy of Healthcare Attorneys, Georgia Society for Healthcare Risk Management, Georgia Self Insurers Association, Inc, Georgia Hospital Association and Georgia’s Top Rated Lawyers.